I have wasted time, attention, and data on this movie. I have been hearing about this show and decided to give it a try because I love to explore the sorry of super girl since I watched Smallville. However, being a creative writer and avid watcher of highly complex movie cast like Game of Thrones or Smallville this film sucks.
1) for the season one which I have watched, things are done poorly. The way they fly? Sucks big time. The effect of their punch? Blah. Even mere humans can punch and make Supergirl fly? Or the fact that she so love to fly and rarely runs? Or unable to fight in speed mode? Or how they are unbalance at times when floating? The odd position of their body in flight scenes? The way they explain their motives like it is a children intended movie? So much went wrong in this show.
2) the only characters who right from start had an astounding performance are Cat Grant, Winn, Lucy, Jonathan Denver, Adam, maybe Max Lord. Their choice for Jimmy Olsen, really? So every girl needs a body builder as a love interest? What about their explanation for Red Meteor rock? Or what they did to Brainaic? Kara is a good actor though, but whoever prepared that script is so... Pfff.
3) The movie spends its time trying to discredit Superman as much as it can. Bull yah! I am really disapointed. Instead of creating a storyline that explores a unique tale about the life of Karrah Zorel, it tries to outdo everything that superman did. So, she can fly faster, is stronger, better than the man of steel in every way right? Or let's not talk about how the Fotress of Solitude looks, or how Green Meteor rocks work on em, or how Jimmy Olsen seem to not have any key role he is playing in the movie. He is just a big time filler. Even Winn has a better role to play.
4) Why is it that every bad guy in season 1 has to be so exaggerated in their behavior or way of talking? The film is a joke. Even in episode 18 or 19 where Kara had to fight the forceful bride of Kal El. Look at how she was walking. Even Live wire and Banshy were playing their role poorly in the Park. We know you want to give an evil vibe, you don't have to exaggerate your movements, words and reaction to get it. Smallville should have inspired the directors.
5) This movie is so One-sided! Smallville never was that. Even the superman one, two, or Justice league after Smallville try to balance gender performance in their storyline. This one just seems like a fiction in a fiction. Like this movie is following another reality all together. Which is great because that means later on a better director can come along and work to create the story in the main reality. How is it that only women ever win? Or that men in high positions are often brought down and replaced with women? Even good men playing good roles, often, are unable to win? It is like the movie is feminist to 7th grade in a grade system of 1 to 10. And the plot really needs some working. Every time there is a problem instead giving us the motivational speech and then miraculously manufacturing solutions, give us real people tackling real problem, and it is okay if the problem doesn't get solved in one episode! It is a long life story of Supergirl not a snippet or summary.
I am shocked this movie survived to season 5. At the same time, I am not. As someone who support equality and love to see women and men alike making it out there, this isn't the way to do it. That's also why I am not surprised because many peeps misunderstand what fighting for women equality stands for. Also, it implies that most of those who who dream of this will buy into a One-sided movie instead of balanced and well developed plot.
Good luck to the Supergirl line. Unless the story is balanced, well developed, and shot, it isn't worth my money and irreplaceable hours.